Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Calling on all Christians…

Are you comfortable? Are you busy with life and getting cozy with where you are? Is lip service the only service you give to God?............REALLY???? Check yourself out in the mirror! I keep running across people who claim to be “Christians” but they really truly live for themselves and speak wonderfully about Christianity without really being a “Christian.” I should know. I gave God lip service most of my life and enjoyed being like a Pharisee because I didn’t have to look at myself. Ask yourself, “how many times do I profess to have faith but never act upon it?’ Ask yourself, “Am I always waiting for someone else to do what God wants?” How often have you felt you were doing God a favor by praying, reading the Bible, going to church, being baptized, etc…when in reality that is God’s gift to you…who do you really think you are? Do you really believe that your gifts were really made for your glory….oh yeah, why aren’t you using them for God’s glory? Oh I am sorry maybe I should water-down the Word of God so it fits more conventionally into your lifestyle…Can you imagine what this world would be like if all of God’s children actually did the things that God created us to do….can you imagine what would happen if all of God’s children actually trusted in God instead of themselves… can you imagine what would happen if all of God’s children actually lived to serve instead waiting to be served…what are you waiting for…are you really what you say you are? Prove it!

No comments: